Monday, March 23, 2009

What's a good web hosting service where I can design my own pages?

Bearing in mind I%26#039;m an amatuer!! :)
What%26#039;s a good web hosting service where I can design my own pages?
Cheat Fusion Hosting.


plans starting at $6.99 a month


All Plans include:


Free Domain


Free and easy to use website builder


Free Marketing tools


Free website scripts


and so much more. Also 2/7 support vie website, email, live chat or phone.
What%26#039;s a good web hosting service where I can design my own pages?
The best ones I%26#039;ve found are Piczo and Freewebs. They are both free, but also have extra options for users who pay. I hope this helped! ;)


www.piczo.com


www.freewebs.com
Reply:Personally, I like HostGator.





And the direction to go from there depends on what you mean by %26quot;design my own pages%26quot;.





If you mean build it online with tools designed to be used with your web browser, then they have SiteBuilder, which is really popular.





On the other hand, if you want to go the way of the pros, and use software that you install on your computer, and then upload the files, you can do that too (you upload the files with something called FTP). The good news is that there is a whole slew of FREE tools that you can experiment with that have all the features of the ones that take a chunk out of your budget...





http://HesitantRhino.com/free-web-design...





But back to the hosting... here%26#039;s a discussion of web hosts and domain names, and features you should look for that aren%26#039;t normally considered. There%26#039;s a lot more too it than just bandwidth and file storage space...





http://HesitantRhino.com/build-your-own-...





Finally, you can go an in-between route.. build your site using a content management system like Drupal, Joomla, Mambo, or WordPress. Then you can focus on the CONTENT first, and when you%26#039;re ready to tweak the look-and-feel of your site, you can start learning how to modify or build your own template.





Here%26#039;s a lesson I put together recently for a client, a step-by-step guide to launching a free WordPress site (just log in as a guest to take a peek)...





http://training.hesitantrhino.com/mod/le...

No comments:

Post a Comment